To sustain the continued, rapid expansion of the electronics sector, manufacturers need electric assembly solutions that are durable, reliable, and capable of high performance despite their exposure to harsh conditions. Electronic components must effectively withstand stress, vibration, thermal fluctuations, moisture, contaminants, and more. Electric assembly materials help protect electronic devices, keep them running optimally, and support longer component lifecycles.
At Robert McKeown Company, Inc., we specialize in the fabrication of high-performance, high-quality electronics materials. Our product offerings range from thermal management, encapsulation, and grounding solutions to tapes, adhesives, and sealants. Learn more about our electronic assembly materials and products, their varied applications, and how our team can help.
Electronic Assembly Products
Electronics manufacturers have many options to choose from to effectively assemble electronic parts and devices. Some common assembly products include:
- Thermal interface materials
- EMI/RFI Shielding products
- Specialty tapes
- Conformal coatings
Robert McKeown offers a broad spectrum of electronic materials for assemblies, but we’ll focus on the first three products here.
Our assembly products have an array of applications in the electronics industry, including:
- Encapsulation. Encapsulating electronics like PCBs or LED lights keeps dust, moisture, and corrosive chemicals from entering an assembly. In addition to these contaminants, the encapsulating compound protects electronic parts against vibration and impact shocks.
- Waterproofing. Waterproofing is essential for protecting components in electric assemblies from humidity and moisture. Sealants keep water out to prevent corrosion and part damage or failure.
- Bonding. Electric assembly materials are effective for structural bonding and other bonding tasks. For example, these materials bond optical displays, affixing a touch panel or protective glass layer on an LCD module for protection, reduced reflection, enhanced visibility, and air gap removal. With chips, electric assembly materials help them form successful electrical connections with thermal and electrical conductivity.
- Die attach. Helpful in the assembly of microelectronics and more, die attach or bonding joins a semiconductor die to various potential substrates, such as another die or a PCB.
- Touchscreen and camera module assembly. Touchscreens and camera modules on digital devices such as smartphones require quality materials for reliable assembly.
- Hand soldering. A common, simple electronic engineering technique, hand soldering allows you to use melted solder to join components.
Choosing Robert McKeown for Your Electric Assembly Materials
Since 1937, Robert McKeown has helped manufacturing clients in diverse industries resolve their design challenges. Utilizing a broad spectrum of materials and our modern proto-fast design center, our resident engineers can help you with customized material and component configuration solutions for optimized design and efficiency in your operation.
Our company offers numerous options to save you time. We provide fast-track quotes and express samples to help expedite the start of your project. Our rapid prototyping capabilities allow us to provide next-day prototypes, as well. By maintaining bulk inventory, we also offer next-day availability and low order minimums to our customers. At Robert McKeown, we have your answers all under one roof, acting as your best resource no matter your application.
Contact Robert McKeown Today
If you’re looking for durable, reliable electric materials to protect and assemble your products, our team is here to help. Take advantage of our 86 years of experience and request a quote today to start your order.