Robert McKeown is a world-class fabricator and distributor of engineered materials, providing high-performance and high-quality electronics materials to meet various needs. We help manufacturers solve their most complicated design challenges and offer customized solutions for industries such as electronics, healthcare, and automotive.
We provide various industries with engineered specialty materials for electronic assembly, including thermal management products, EMI/ESD suppression products, circuit protection materials, and more. Our common industries served include:
We offer a wide range of isolation, insulation, and electronic tapes, grounding materials, sealants, and more. Our solutions for the electronics industry ensure high-performance electronic assemblies that function without failure or interruption. Some of our most popular products for the electronics industry include:
- Electrically Conductive Tape. Electrically conductive tape guides electrical energy to the appropriate pathway, making it ideal for EMI shielding applications and providing reliable grounding.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber. This variety of rubber is resistant to skin chemicals and oils, temperature changes, and physical wear and damages from constant touching. This makes it an ideal choice for regularly used electrical products, including medical electronics.
- Conformal Coatings. Conformal coatings cover printed circuit boards (PCBs) to protect their sensitive components.
- Silicone Foam Tape. With high-temperature stability, resiliency, and easy application, silicone foam tape is used in various electrical applications to seal out dust, water, and more.
- TRC Adhesives. These UV-curable adhesives harness the best features of traditional silicone but offer enhanced strength, higher heat resistance, less shrinkage, and better performance. Common electrical applications include housing assemblies, sensors, lighting modules, and more.
EMI shielding materials play an important role in protecting various electronic devices, including medical devices used throughout the healthcare industry. Some of the most common products and services we provide for the healthcare industry include:
- EMI Gasket and Shielding Tape. EMI shielding materials prevent strong external sources from interfering with surrounding electronics. Our EMI gasket and shielding tape products protect life support systems, pacemakers, monitoring devices, and other medical equipment from harmful EMI.
- Chemical Resistant Adhesive. Our adhesives protect against water, sterilization chemicals, acids, solvents, alcohols, fuel, and other potentially corrosive materials used within the healthcare industry.
- Silicone Foam Tapes. Safe for skin contact, silicone foam tapes are frequently used for direct-contact applications, such as the attachment of grounding pads, mounting electrodes, and other devices to the patient’s skin.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber. Unlike most other rubbers, silicone remains liquid at room temperature and only hardens into a solid when exposed to high heat. It also remains stable over a range of temperatures and is resistant to most chemicals, making it safe and easy to sterilize for medical applications.
- Rotary Die Cutting. Rotary die cutting delivers components with high levels of precision and detail, making it ideal for creating a wide range of medical parts.
The automotive industry relies on durable products that can withstand extreme weather conditions and high temperatures while also providing good electrical properties, chemical resistance, and more. At Robert McKeown, we offer the following products and services for the automotive industry:
- Rotary Die Cutting. Rotary die cutting offers a quick way to produce high-quality automotive components in large production runs. This method is commonly used to create sensitive navigation components and heat shields.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber. Liquid silicone rubber can withstand extreme weather conditions and stretching, making it ideal for various automotive applications such as windshield wipers, LED headlights, airbag coating and sealing, wiring harness components, and more.
Contact Our Experts for High-Quality and High-Performance Electronics Materials
From healthcare to automotive applications, Robert McKeown helps a broad range of industries find and implement the proper electronics materials to maximize their systems’ performance. Our team brings complex electrical designs to life as quickly and efficiently as possible through fast-track quotes, quick turnaround times, and an extensive selection of ready-made components. With over seven decades of experience, we have the expertise to help you find the right solution for your application.