Category Archive: Services
Rotary die cutting is a quick, cost-efficient way to manufacture products that require precise shapes, cuts, and folds without sacrificing speed of construction. This makes it a great way to build mass-produced items like boxes and other packaging from paper, plastic, and metal, as well as electronic component assembly parts, decals, stickers, foam products, and more.
Although other die cutting methods exist (such as flatbed, matched metal, and laser die cutting), rotary die cutting is often the best choice for industrial uses. It is quicker than both flatbed and laser die cutting and it can easily manage heavy or tough materials.
HOW ROTARY DIE CUTTING CAN STREAMLINE YOUR PRODUCTION PROCESS
Although all types of die cutting bring their own benefits—and in some cases, you might use more than one method for the same die cutting project—a rotary die cutter offers several advantages that place it above other methods:
- Ease of cutting: Rotary die cutting machines can cut through just about any material, from paper and magnets to foam, metal, and cork, at efficient speeds.
- Speed and efficiency: Rotary die cutting is an excellent choice for completing large production runs. Since the cutting pattern is set in the machine, it does not need to be adjusted between cuts, meaning that it can process large amounts of material with little to no error.
- Quick turnarounds: Rotary die cutting’s efficiency makes it easy to move materials from concept to finished product.
- Precision: Rotary die cutting replicates precise cuts, so you can be sure each item you produce is identical to the last. It’s the most accurate die cutting option, which is why it’s often favored for production runs that require consistency and uniformity.
- Less waste: Rotary die cutting creates less waste than other procedures, which is both more economical for the company and more sustainable for the environment.
- Multipurpose: Rotary die cutters can perform several tasks depending on the project’s needs, such as laminating, kiss cutting (to create adhesives), embossing, and more. They can also perform inline packaging as required.
- Durability: Rotary die cutting machines rely on straightforward processes that result in minimal wear and tear on components.
CUSTOM DIE-CUT PARTS FOR ANY APPLICATION
Because rotary die cutting is so effective for creating metal products, it’s commonly used to build electronic parts. Due to their conductivity and malleability, metals like copper, nickel, aluminum, and silver are regularly used for electronic components like capacitors and transducers. These metals are all easily cut with rotary die cutting.
But that’s not all: many other industries use rotary die cutting to quickly, efficiently, and accurately produce all sorts of small products. Some of the most prevalent manufacturing sectors that use rotary die cutting include:
- Shipping: Shippers use rotary die cutting to manufacture cardboard boxes, envelopes, tickets, stickers, labels, and more
- Medical devices: Rotary die cutting consistently delivers the precision and detail required to create a wide array of medical parts
- Aerospace and automotive: The method is regularly used to create heat shields and sensitive navigation components
- Appliances: Rotary die cutters work with a wide range of materials to create sound-dampening foam products for use in appliances
EXPERT ASSISTANCE FROM OUR DIE-CUTTING EXPERTS
Whether you face tight deadlines, need precise replication, or require high-volume production runs, using rotary die cutting brings many advantages to help satisfy your demands. The custom die cutter team at Robert McKeown Company, Inc., is happy to work with you to create the custom or standard parts that your needs.
From simple systems to complex components, we’re up for all types of assignments and look forward to working on yours. Request your quote for your project to learn more about what our team can do for you.
Liquid silicone rubber (LSR) is a two-part, platinum-cured elastomer that manufacturers inject into mold cavities to create components that withstand weather extremes and product aging. This versatile product remains useful in temperatures as low as -65°C and as high as 150°C.
LASTING BENEFITS FOR ANY APPLICATION AND INDUSTRY
Several additional characteristics render LSR the material of choice for many different applications and industries. Some key examples include:
- Biocompatibility: LSR’s elastomeric composition enables it to resist bacterial growth. It’s entirely tasteless and odorless, and tests have indicated exceptional compatibility with human body fluids and tissue
- Chemical resistance: LSR can resist oxidation and corrosive chemicals
- Temperature resistance: LSR can withstand low and high temperature extremes
- Mechanical properties: LSR offers high tear resistance and tensile strength along with excellent flexibility and elongation capacities
- Electric properties: LSR can insulate against many different forms of electricity
- Transparency and pigmentation: Because LSR is naturally transparent, it allows manufacturers to create colorful and fully customized rubber-molded products
CONSUMER GOODS AND ELECTRONICS
Consumers today seek high-quality, durable goods built to last. Working LSR into your manufacturing processes can make the difference between products people buy and products they leave on the shelf. LSR silicone appears in a diverse field of everyday items such as:
- Kitchen goods: Baking pans, spatulas, barbecue brushes, and cooking pans
- Cosmetic goods: Mascara brushes, makeup applicators, and lipstick molds
- Wearable technology: Fitness trackers and smartwatches
- Electronics: Small components like connector seals, grommets, and strain-relief devices
LSR is seeing an exponential rise in use among vehicle manufacturers. Because it can withstand extreme weather conditions and stretching, it’s an excellent material to use in a variety of automotive applications, including:
- Windshield wipers, which incorporate LSR due to its heat resistance and flexibility
- LED headlights, which use LSR’s transparency to amplify emitted light, resulting in better visual clarity for drivers; because LED bulbs use less energy than other light bulbs, LSR enables cars to be more energy efficient and budget friendly
- Airbag coating and sealing
- Components used under the hoods of vehicles
- Buttons, gaskets, and wiring harness components
HEALTHCARE AND MEDICAL DEVICES
LSR helps manufacturers create safe and reliable medical devices and components. Medical devices need to operate within tight tolerances to improve the safety and health of patients and providers. LSR helps meet these specifications while keeping parts cost efficient:
- Medical devices placed inside patients’ bodies are commonly made of LSR, because this material won’t leak potentially dangerous chemicals
- Drug-eluding devices (DEDs)
- Flow-control valves and syringe stoppers
- Baby care products
- Wearable devices for monitoring
- Respiratory masks
BUILDING LSR SOLUTIONS WITH ROBERT MCKEOWN
LSR brings widespread benefits to a diverse array of industries, and our team will work with you to create products that you can distribute with pride. If you would like to learn more about how our LSR products will improve your latest project, contact us and request a free quote today.
Robert McKeown Company, Inc. prides itself on providing a myriad of custom assistance services and products such as:
We Specialize in Short-Run and Quick Turn-Around!
X-Y Parts Cutter, Clicker Steel Rule Die Cutting, Rotary Die Cutting of custom and standard Electronic Component Assembly Parts, Epoxy Film Adhesives, Gaskets, Thermal Interface Adhesive Parts, EMI/ESD Shields, Dupont™ Kapton® Solder Masking Dots, Conformal Coating Masking Dots, Powder Coating & Painting Masking Dots as well as Pressure Sensitive adhesive backing for Industrial, Electronics, Aerospace, Mechanical, Mil-Aero and Flat Plastic Parts applications.
X.Y. Laser Converting
The X.Y. laser converting system is one of the top systems available. The continuous and automatic device increases as it goes, removing parts from the sheet with almost no material limitations. This system can increase productivity, with defect-free and tool-free cutting. X.Y. laser converting can also eradicate layout limitations and reduce scrap material costs all while reloading jobs in no time and providing a consistent cut-to-print registration.